- Selection of courses
- Program planning
- Support for students with special needs
- Evaluation of out-of-province documents and other documents, (i.e. private study)
- Peer tutoring
- Establishing career goals
- Exploration of related occupations
- Take Our Kids to Work day.
- Confidential discussion of personal concerns or problems which may interfere with school performance and personal well-being
- Issues may include self-esteem, grief and loss, substance abuse, personal health and safety, family and peer relationships, sexuality, stress and conflict management
- Counsellors will act as a liaison with parents, students and community agencies.