Registration Program Guide 2019-2020
Information on Sherwood Heights Programs, Courses and Complementary course descriptions can be found in our Program Guide below.
- Grade 7 Registration Form
- Grade 7 French Immersion Registration Form
- Grade 8 Registration Form
- Grade 8 French Immersion Registration Form
- Grade 9 Registration Form
- Grade 9 French Immersion Registration Form
Academic Excellence Applications:
2019-2020 Returning Student Registration
In accordance with Administrative Procedure 305, School Attendance and Requests to Attend Non-Designated Schools, Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) has established an enrolment process to ensure transparency and equitability.
Returning Student Registration
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) will once again conduct an online returning student registration process to confirm student registrations for the 2019-20 school year. Families of all returning students will need to complete this process to confirm the school their children will attend for the 2019-20 school year, and to request to attend a non-designated school, if applicable. Returning student registration will take place at the same time as all registrations for the 2019-20 school year: Feb. 1-28, 2019.
This is the only time of year students from Grades 1 to 12 wanting to attend a non-designated school in the upcoming school year can apply to do so.
Access to the Returning Student Registration Form is provided through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you don’t have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account, you will need to set one up before Feb. 1, 2019.
To create a PowerSchool Parent Portal account:
- Go to https://powerschool.eips.ca/public/.
- Click the button labelled, “Create Account.”
- Enter the parent or guardian information. Each account must have a unique email address and username—only one parent account is required regardless of the number of children you have attending EIPS schools.
- Create a username and password of your choice—you’ll need both the username and password to log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- You must have an Access ID and Access Password for each student that is added to your account. Contact your child’s school to obtain this information.
- Press “Enter.”
What is Your Designated School?
EIPS encourages parents/guardians to register their children at their designated school, and students have guaranteed access to their designated school. However, we understand some situations exist whereby parents/guardians may wish to register their children at a non-designated school. Through the pre-enrolment process, EIPS students can pursue attending a non-designated school as long as there is space and the student submits a request to attend a non-designated school prior to the deadline.
You can determine your child's designated school using the powerful Versatrans e-Link® tool.