Time for the dentist! Often, we find the need to sign out our child from school sometime during the school day - whether it be an appointment, an illness or other reason.
Here are a few helpful tips about how the process works:
- If you know your child will be away, you can phone or send an email ahead of time detailing when they are leaving, the reason for the absence (we only need a general reason: sickness, appointment, travel) and who will be picking them up. You can also use the Quick Links button on the homepage of www.sherwoodheights.org and choose "Report an Absence".
- If your child needs to leave during class time, we require that they check out at the office before leaving the building. You do not have to come in to sign them out if they have already contacted the school.
- If your child leaves at lunch time, they can leave without advising the office of their departure if you have already informed school of the absence.
- If your child needs to leave during the day and the school has not been informed, we require a parent or legal guardian to come in to the office to sign out your child. At this time you can provide a reason for the absence and expected length of the absence.
- A third party will be not be able to sign out your child without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
- If a parent or guardian does not contact the school prior to an absence, students are marked Absent (unexcused absence).
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines - please contact us!