Dear Sherwood Heights families,
To begin, we’d like to thank everyone with their patience and understanding for the last few days as we begin to work through our new processes to help serve our families in a new way. Our message today is to give you information on retrieving personal belongings and learning materials.
Materials Pick Up
In order to minimize risk of infection, we are only permitting small groups, at scheduled intervals, to retrieve belongings. All families wishing to retrieve their belongings must sign up for a scheduled time slot, the same as if you were booking a parent/teacher interview. Each family is permitted to book one time slot regardless of how many children they have. Each student/parent can book a 15 minute window to come in to clear out their lockers – we have enough times for all 600 students to get through the building in a safe manner.
The website to book a slot will open at 1:00 pm today https://www.schoolinterviews.ca/code?code=4k79p.
Based on our care for your safety and Alberta Health Services recommendations, we ask the following:
- As we are attempting to space out visits, please honour your exact booking time. Please do not come early to connect with friends or staff – social distancing is important.
- Only the student and one parent/guardian will be permitted to enter. Please do not bring in additional siblings, family members, or friends.
- Bring your own bags that can carry all belongings to take home, including waste/garbage - sorting and organizing can be done at home.
- Do not pick up materials if you are sick - no matter how mild the symptoms - call the school and we can make alternate arrangements for you.
- Practice good hand washing hygiene before and after your visit, including social distance. Staff will be practicing this as well.
- Only spend the time you need to pick up your belongings.
- There will be locations to drop off library books and jerseys in the front foyer.
- If you have other questions, please call the school or communicate via email, rather than ask in person.
Information on how learning will continue is coming – thank you again for your patience. We hope that all of you are safe and healthy – and we miss you!
The Sherwood Heights Team