Welcome back Sherwood Heights families to an interesting and exciting new year. To all Grade 7 families - we're excited that you're with us!
A few important updates as we move into the first week of school.
- First - please take a look at our Sherwood Heights Re-Entry Guide. It will give you some specifics of how we are proceeding with keeping students and families safe this school year.
- Second – if you have not yet done so, please access the PowerSchool Parent Portal to complete the Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire Acknowledgement and Corrections Forms.
- Third - Here are some important need-to-knows for the first week of school (September 1 – 4):
- Grade 9 Orientation Day – September 1
- Grade 8 Orientation Day – September 2
- Grade 7 Orientation Day – September 3
- All students “Day 1” – September 4
- For orientation days, students should bring:
- two masks,
- a filled water bottle,
- one binder,
- a pen or pencil,
- and lunch.
- Starting September 4, students should bring the rest of their school supplies, including all of the above.
- Students will enter the FRONT doors on Orientation Day. Starting September 4th, students will be entering and exiting the building using Grade Specific doors.
- Doors will be locked until 8:23 each morning, please do not send your child earlier than 8:23. Likewise, please have a plan for your child after 3:06 each day, since students will not be able to remain in the building after that time.
On orientation day, students will:
- Receive their final timetable and homeroom assignment.
- Meet their homeroom teacher and do a welcome activity.
- Get their locker and textbooks.
- Go through the SWH Re-Entry Plan.
- Do a mini run-through of a typical day.
- Spend time with their homeroom classmates.
- Have regular lunch and free time. (Note, Sherwood Heights is an open campus school – students are free to leave the property during the lunch period.)
We're excited to see you!