Please Note: This article is about the parent-organized BBQ and Dance after the formal Farewell Ceremony. If you would like information about the ceremony, please visit the Ceremony page.
Good afternoon parents and families of our Grade 9 Graduates!
As you have already received information regarding the Farewell Ceremony, this is the information you need to know about the rapidly approaching Celebration!
- The celebration will start immediately after the ceremony, June 6, at Sherwood Heights. Front doors will open at 6:30pm and includes a BBQ and Candy bar for students and guests, and a dance for grade 9 students.
- Tickets are $10 each, and can be paid for through Powerschool or at the school office through Elaine by cash or cheque. Tickets can be picked up from school office either by student, or parent.
- If there is a desire to purchase tickets, but you are in financial need, please contact Kris Reid (Assistant Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The sooner you purchase your tickets the easier it is for the planning committee to move ahead – deadline for purchase is Tuesday, June 4.
- You can invite as many guests as your student would like to invite (parents, grandparents, etc) are welcome to attend the BBQ (ends at 8:00 pm), however once dance starts, only current grade 9 students from Sherwood Heights may stay.
- Once a student leaves the school, they cannot re-enter.
- We are in need of a few parent volunteers to make our Celebration run smoothly. Please read below descriptions of those options, then click the "Sign up Genius link" to sign up! There are two shifts to sign up for: 6:30-8:00 pm & 8:00-10:15pm:
- Parent photographers: parents with photography skill set to take photos throughout the evening; willing to give digital copies to Sherwood Heights for grads to download from password protected link on the school website.
- BBQ: help setup, cook, serve, and clean up after (6:15-8:30pm)
- After party cleanup/tear down: 30 minutes, 10-10:30 pm
- Supervision/Door ticket entrance – first shift: at front door/foyer taking tickets and roaming; second shift: at the door security and roaming.
- We are also in need of jars with lids for candy bar – multiple sizes, label bottom of jars for ease of return, drop off at school office for pick up.
Please click this link to sign up https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4DA4AD2CA7FF2-grade1 ... thank you!
Grade 9 Farewell Parent Planning Committee